Saturday, August 23, 2008
Posted by D. Daniel Sokol
The European Institute of Public Administration is looking for a Senior Lecturer on Competition Policy.
We welcome applications from persons with professional experience from the European Institutions or Member State administrations, and from persons with a more academic or research background.
Duties will mainly consist of:
* developing and conducting training activities, primarily
targeting policy makers and civil servants, and carrying out
* delivering lectures, presentations and briefings;
* acquiring new contracts and research projects and the management thereof;
* applied research and publications.
* University degree and postgraduate studies in economics or law,
with a very good knowledge of EU matters in general and, in particular,
competition policy (state aid and/or anti-trust), regulated sectors or
Community policies in sectors such as agriculture or transport;
* At least eight years of relevant professional experience in public administration, consultancy or an academic environment;
* Very good knowledge of the relevant literature;
* Well developed capacity to carry out research as evidenced by publications in reputable journals;
* Practical experience in the implementation of the relevant law and policies at Community, national and/or sub-national level;
* Clear, effective and concise communication and presentation skills, with a particular focus on lecturing, training and offering advice;
* Fluency (speaking and writing) in one of the working languages of the Institute (English, French) and understanding of the other are essential. A working knowledge of other European languages will be considered an asset;
* Demonstrated excellent analytical and organisational skills;
* Experience in project management will also be considered an advantage;
* Excellent PC and internet skills, in particular the use of PowerPoint;
* Experience in and affinity for working with people from different cultural backgrounds;
* Willingness and ability to travel;
* Willingness and ability to meet annual financial targets;
* Preferably the nationality of one of the EU/EEA Member States or one of the Candidate Countries.
Conditions of Employment:
The offered grade and salary level will be in line with the requirements of the function and will also depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
The successful candidate will initially be offered a one-year contract with the option of renewal and the possibility of a permanent contract subject to the criteria in EIPA's Conditions of Employment.
Interviews are expected to take place during the second half of 2008.
Vacancy Number: V0097
Send applications written in English or French, including a comprehensive curriculum vitae, motivation letter and quoting vacancy number V0097
by email or post mail for the attention of:
An M. Cazaerck
O.L. Vrouweplein 22
P.O. Box 1229
Maastricht 6201 BE
Further information can be obtained from:
Dr Phedon Nicolaides
Tel: +31 43 3296 234