February 14, 2007
What are the Best Souces for Antitrust/Competition Policy News?
Posted by D. Daniel Sokol
People ask me all the time what are the best sources for news developments in antitrust and competition policy. Because over 100 countries have an antitrust agency, if I followed developments in each jurisdiction every day, I wouldn't have time to do anything else.
Sokol's Top Antitrust and Competition Policy News Sources
1. Thankfully, the Global Competition Review exists to uncover the hottest stories across jurisdictions. The GCR is a daily publication (subscription required) and has its pulse on both the most important substantive developments and the interesting lateral moves of practitioners in the field. GCR also seems to be the only group of reporters who regularly attend and report on antitrust conferences around the world.
2. Economic consulting firm NERA provides the NERA Global Antitrust Weekly, a weekly digest of stories from major jurisdictions.
3. BNA Antitrust & Trade Regulation Report. I read this weekly publication which has excellent U.S. coverage and some international coverage.
4. Agency press releases. Whatever your country of interest, look reguarly at the agency press releases. This can provide a true wealth of information.
5. Newspapers. Coverage tends to be spotty and general publications, even business publications, sometimes miss (or misunderstand) the key antitrust issues. My top three: Wall Street Journal, Financial Times and the Daily Deal.
6. ABA Antitrust Section. If you do not take advantage of the plethora of Antitrust Section materials that the Section regularly produces, you are really missing out. In terms of sheer productivity and scope of coverage I doubt any other ABA Section provides more material (and of such a higher quality) as the ABA Antitrust Section.
Reader comments are welcome. Please note a delay between the time you post and the time it appears on the blog (we continue to have spamming problems).
February 14, 2007 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference What are the Best Souces for Antitrust/Competition Policy News?:
» understanding antitrust law from shlep: the Self-Help Law ExPress
This information may be too late for Daniel Wallace (see our prior post). But, shlep wants to help the nonlawyer understand antitrust law, so that decisions about suing (or seeking legal assistance) will be better-informed and, more generally, so th... [Read More]
Tracked on Feb 14, 2007 10:22:18 AM