Thursday, July 21, 2016
The American Adoption Congress is seeking proposals for workshops at its Annual Conference April 5 – 8, 2017. Deadline for submissions is September 15, 2016. Details:
We are now accepting workshop proposals for the 38th Annual American Adoption Congress Conference. Our conference will be held April 5 – 8, 2017 at the Grand Hyatt Atlanta, Buckhead. We are equally excited to announce the theme of our conference: A March to Change: Healing Through Action. We hope our theme inspires you to create a unique workshop.
This annual conference provides a unique opportunity for professionals and non-professionals alike to learn from the experts, and share with those on the front lines directly involved in the adoption constellation, as well as those whose lives are touched by the loss of family continuity. You are warmly invited to become a part of our conference by submitting a workshop proposal. We’ve added a list of topics that we hope to cover but welcome your creative ideas. We are interested and will consider proposals that give voice to the ongoing needs of the community.
• Family members who are connected by birth, adoption, foster care, and assisted reproduction.
• Social work and child welfare professionals, social services agency staff and administrators, and advocates.
• Those affected personally or professionally by separation from the family of origin.
• Those interested in the latest research and best practices in adoption and caring for children.
• Others in the helping professions: mental heath clinicians, educators, health care professionals and public officials.
Expectations of Presenters
• Please submit your proposal by September 15, 2016. Decisions will be communicated via email. We will schedule presentations based on the presenter availability indicated on the completed proposals.
• We encourage presenters to attend the full conference. Lead presenters will receive a $50 discount from the conference fee (one discount per person). All presenters must register for at least one day of the conference.
• Audio/Visual equipment is available by special arrangement and limited to projectors and screens. Computers must be brought by individual presenters. Please indicate the specific equipment needed on the proposal form. The AAC will work with the hotel and outside sources to procure equipment at the best possible prices, but the presenter must pay necessary rental fees. You will be able to pay any charges when you register.
• Please bring handouts with you. AAC will post your handouts to the AAC website if you grant us permission to do so.
• Due to the high number of submissions the conference committee will limit acceptance of workshop proposals to one per presenter. If you are on a panel this will be considered your one slot.
• Presenters will respect the mission and purpose of the American Adoption Congress and demonstrate respect and consideration for all members of the triad and the professional community.
Link for submissions: click here.