Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Online Universities published a list of 50 great blogs by and for Law Professors and we made the cut! The top 23 are as follows:
Follow the latest legal cases by visiting these news blogs.
- Law Blog: The WSJ law blog is updated multiple times a day and follows the big legal cases of the moment and business law.
- Above the Law: Above the Law is part news, part legal tabloid, and is a great resource for keeping up with behind-the-scenes dirt from law schools, top firms, and major cases.
- The Volokh Conspiracy: This group blog is mostly written by law professors and focuses on law theory and research, law professors and law school, and top (or just weird) cases.
- Blawg Review: Get an aggregated list of the week’s best law blog posts here.
- Robert Ambrogi’s LawSites: Robert Ambrogi is a great resource if you want to find new legal resource websites.
- The Shark: California law school students keep up with news, salaries and more.
- Paper Chase: JURIST’s legal news blog is all about "serious law" from "primary sources."
- Legal Counsel Corner: This legal commentary blog covers the latest headlines in business law, bail bonds, bankruptcy, class action lawsuits, family law and more.
- ABA Blogs: Find law blogs in every single niche, plus tickers of the featured and most popular blogs and posts.
- Adjunct Law Prof Blog: Mitchell H. Rubinstein is an adjunct professor at New York Law School and blogs about interesting cases, from domestic violence to health care. He also posts about New York law and law school issues.
- American Constitution Society: The ACS tracks top law cases and news.
Theory and Philosophy
Here you’ll find discussion and research devoted to legal theory and philosophy.
- Dorf on Theory: Cornell law professor Michael Dorf, with his lawyer and professor friends, muses on various law topics here.
- Kenneth Anderson’s Law of War and Just War Theory Blog: This law professor from American University blogs about international laws of war.
- Ernie the Attorney: Ernie has been blogging since 2002 and examines how the legal system responds to change.
- Leiter Reports: Law professors will appreciate this philosophy blog that comments on academia, intellectual property and legal philosophy.
- Florida Student Philosophy Blog: Florida undergrads, grad students and faculty discuss logic, ethics, the philosophy of law and plenty of other topics here.
- Engage: Conversations in Philosophy: Follow this blog for intriguing discussions and questions about social responsibility, public policy, civil disobedience and more.
- Feminist Legal Theory: Learn all about feminist legal theory from this blog, published by the UC Davis School of Law.
Business law professors will find plenty of resources and commentary on these blogs.
- M&A Law Prof: Read about mergers and acquisitions and major cases within the industry from Brian JM Quinn and Michael A. Woronoff.
- May It Please the Court: J. Craig Williams blogs about legal news and mostly business law subjects.
- The Conglomerate: This blog follows and analyzes top business law cases and economic policy.
- The Becker-Posner Blog: This prominent blog covers practically everything, but it’s a great resource for business and economics law.
- The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation: HLS faculty and fellows share commentary about business law, banking, and more.