Saturday, August 11, 2018
TIPS FOR ORIENTATION WEEK
- Practice your one-minute elevator speech to introduce yourself repeatedly to new people you meet.
- Realize that your future reputation as a lawyer begins with this week. Your classmates will be your professional colleagues after law school. First impressions matter.
- Read carefully all of the Orientation materials so that you are not clueless about dress code, class assignments, computer access, and much more.
- Report to sessions promptly with the required materials and ready to learn.
- Complete all of your session assignments carefully. These sessions are preparing you for the REAL THING so take them seriously.
- Scope out the law school building: your classrooms your library carrel, the student lounge, faculty offices, and study areas.
- Spend your evenings getting your non-law-school life sorted: unpacking boxes; decorating your apartment; setting up your study area; stocking food staples and supplies; locating the pharmacy, grocery store, and dry cleaners; deciding the best commuting route to school.
- Remember that the study of law is exciting as well as challenging. Enjoy this new adventure!