Saturday, September 23, 2017
Brooklyn Law School seeks candidates for the Director of its Academic Success Program. The Director will:
- Enhance learning habits and strategies of entering and returning students, both through classroom and one-on-one instruction;
- Coordinate efforts to increase students’ success in tests, bar exams and other requirements for admission to practice;
- Serve a student population composed of accelerated 2-year, traditional 3-year, and extended 4-year JD students and internationally-trained LLM students;
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of student needs and periodically inform the faculty of those needs;
- Mentor students in a range of activities, including the annual journal competition.
Applicants must articulate a clear vision for the future of the Brooklyn Law School’s Academic Success Program and demonstrate genuine enthusiasm for working with students who seek or require academic enhancement. They must have both a deep theoretical knowledge of and significant experience in enhancing student learning and also possess the ability to build rapport with all students. The status of the Director of Academic Success Program will commensurate with experience and credentials, as well as with a possibility of tenure for candidates holding a JD and producing a substantial body of relevant scholarship. We are committed to hiring a proven, innovative leader, and we are especially interested in candidates who will enhance the diversity of our faculty.
Applicants should email their materials to Prof. Alex Stein, Chair of the Lateral Appointments Subcommittee, Brooklyn Law School: email@example.com.