Friday, July 28, 2017
Congratulations to everyone who just finished the bar exam this week. Well done! You put in a lot of time preparing and did your best during the exam.
- Take a few days to relax and rest. Many of you will sleep almost non-stop for a couple of days.
- Spend time with family and friends. Ask that it be a bar-free zone without discussion and questions about how it was, when the scores are known, etc.
- Treat yourself to something special in celebration of your hard work: a few days at the beach; a hike in the countryside; meals at favourite restaurants; a marathon session of your favourite TV program.
- Get back into a routine of sleep, good meals, and exercise. Being healthy will help your mood as you await the results.
- Stay positive and do not dwell on the bar exam. It is done and dusted. Remember that you do not need 100%. Give yourself credit for your hard work, and let it go.
- Make a plan for the time before results come out. If your employer lets you begin work before results, then plan what skills you want to focus on in your new job. If you are without employment, then keep yourself busy with part-time work, volunteering, a hobby, or other endeavour.
You have completed a very challenging step. Acknowledge your achievement. Believe in yourself. (Amy Jarmon)