Monday, June 12, 2017
Hello Academic Support Professors:
Even though we just concluded the conference in Fort Worth, the AASE executive committee is already looking to identify possible conference venues for 2019. To identify the pool of possibilities, we are asking for your help. If you have an interest in hosting the AASE annual conference at your school in May 2019, please let us know.
This is a formal request for proposals. The deadline to submit proposals is August 1, 2017. Interested academic support professors should let us know the answers to the following questions:
- Do you have large room capacity–i.e., the ability to have as many as 175 people meeting together in a single room–for plenary sessions? (The room must be available in late May, which may rule out schools that already have made commitments for other conferences or for bar review lectures.)
- Are there smaller rooms available for breakout sessions?
- What are the general technical features (e.g., projectors/audio/wifi) in the building?
- How easily can your school be accessed from airports and other public transportation?
- Have you ever hosted a conference before (local, regional, or national)? Please identify the conference(s) you hosted. (Prior hosting experience is not required.)
- Have you spoken with your school’s Dean or anyone else whose approval would be necessary for your school to host the conference? If so, please identify their response.
Note that while hosting the conference requires no out-of-pocket financial costs for the host school, the school will need to provide space and manpower for the event, and one academic support professional from the school will serve on the AASE Executive Board for two years.
Please respond directly to Betsy Six, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks in advance for responding!
The AASE Executive Committee
Betsy Six, President