Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Writing style and format is critical to successful bar exam performance. Do not fall into the trap of only memorizing the law. You must focus on your approach and your writing techniques in order to reach a passing score on the Multistate Essays and the Multistate Performance Test. Here are a few ways to ensure that you will achieve passing scores:
- Carefully read the fact pattern, call lines, and file/library. Take your time!
- Organize your thoughts before you begin writing. Use your scratch paper!
- Use only the amount of time allowed for each essay or PT task. Time your practice!
- Use an organizational model like IRAC or CRAC. Use it for every issue and sub-issue!
- Make your answer easy to read. Use short concise sentences and paragraphs!
- Remember to review what you have written. Become the grader!
- Do not get frustrated by your mistakes, get motivated and learn from them!
- Keep practicing…practice equals passing!