Thursday, October 25, 2012
Associate Dean of Student Services at the William S. Richardson School of Law
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Associate Dean of Student Services provides leadership and manages all major matters involving student services at the Law School including, but not limited to, student advising and counseling, professional development/career services, student records, registration, and issues of student conduct and safety. The Associate Dean is a member of the senior management team, provides a direct link between students and the faculty and administration, collaborates closely with admissions and financial aid staff, and has possible teaching opportunities.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) Degree.
- Strong counseling skills.
- Progressively responsible administrative experience in a law school or other professional school involving student services administration, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of higher education program administration.
- Extensive relevant experience, preferably at least six years in an academic setting or with academic programs.
- Knowledge of personal computers and job related software programs.
- Knowledge of the legal profession and professional school accreditation.
- Knowledge of law school administration.
- Indicia of potential for leadership and creativity in legal education.
- Bar passage.
Submit cover letter indicating how you satisfy the minimum and desirable qualifications, names, contact information (including e-mail address) of at least three professional references and résumé.
Electronic submissions to: James Pietsch, Professor of Law firstname.lastname@example.org preferred.
Address: William S. Richardson School of Law, 2515 Dole Street, Honolulu, HI 96822
Inquiries: James Pietsch; 808-956-6785; email@example.com