June 18, 2012
Assistant Director Position at Stetson
POSITION: Assistant Director for Academic Success & Bar Preparation Services
DEPARTMENT: Academic Success & Bar Preparation Services
DATE POSTED: 06/12/2012
Participates in the development and implementation of a comprehensive Academic Success Program that partners with students from admission through bar passage. Responsibilities will include academic counseling and administrative tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advises upper-level students on course selection, study techniques and exam preparation.
- Reviews upper-level student work product to provide analysis and feedback to help students improve their writing skills.
Bar Preparation Counseling
- Meets with individuals who are preparing for the bar exam and review sample bar exam essays and provide analysis and feedback to help them improve their writing skills.
- Helps individuals develop and execute customized study plans and strategies for passing the bar exam.
- Develops and implement the Bar Preparation Service’s Repeat Taker Program.
- Addresses general student questions about completing the bar application.
- Assists with Academic Success and Bar Preparation Workshops.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Bar Preparation website and blog.
- Assists with New Student Orientation.
- Collaborates with other campus offices to provide a comprehensive and meaningful academic experience for students.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
J.D. degree required. Must be a member in good standing of The Florida Bar. One to three years’ experience in academic support preferred. Ability to build rapport with students in individual counseling setting. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of student records and information. Ability to conduct basic statistical analysis, preferred. A high level of organization, flexibility, judgment and interpersonal skills are required. Strong written and verbal communication skills, and presentation ability, required. Experience with Stetson’s bar preparation program, a plus.Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Stetson University, an Equal Opportunity Employer, affirms the values and goals of diversity and strongly encourages the applications of all candidates, including women and candidates from historically under-represented groups.
Resumes and/or applications and salary requirements should be sent to Human Resources Office at 1401 61st Street S, Gulfport, FL 33707 or email to email@example.com
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Assistant Director Position at Stetson: