Thursday, March 29, 2012
POSITION: Assistant Director of Academic Support Services
Golden Gate University School of Law invites applications to fill one long-term contract law faculty position beginning with the 2012-2013 academic year. We are seeking experienced applicants capable of teaching in our Academic Development Program, as well as assisting with first-year Legal Research and Writing courses as needed.
The Assistant Director will work to support student learning in the law school by administering and participating in a program of academic support services, including teaching courses on legal study skills, providing individual tutoring to students, participating in new student orientation activities, and presenting workshops on study skills. Assist with the planning, scheduling and execution of training programs, lectures, workshops, meetings and special events that serve to enhance the serves of the program. Work with law students placed on Academic Supervision and Academic Probation to develop individual academic improvement plans and monitor student progress.
The Assistant Director will work collaboratively with other members of the Academic Development Program team and the Office of Law Student Services to improve the development of student study skills and ensure the academic success of all GGU law students. The Assistant Director will also supervise the work of student teaching assistants who work in coordination with the Academic Development Program.
- J.D. degree required.
- Five or more years of teaching experience in a law school academic support program required.
- California Bar membership is a plus.
- Strong academic and professional qualifications, as well as a demonstrated interest in teaching students with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and public speaking skills.
- An understanding of learning disabilities
- Ability to work independently, organize simultaneous projects, demonstrate initiative, and exercise professional judgment under minimal supervision.
- Maintain school’s strict confidentiality policies.
- Ability to handle and keep confidential a variety of different student questions and concerns.
E-mail applications may be sent to: email@example.com
Contact: Professor William Gallagher, Chair, Faculty Appointments Committee, Golden Gate University School of Law, 536 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Golden Gate University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforces these practices. The university welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, people of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.