Monday, June 6, 2011
PRF 10419- Coordinator of Academic Support
The Coordinator of Academic Support will provide assistance to students to help them develop the skills needed to succeed academically. The position reports to and is supervised by the Director of Lawyering Skills and Legal Writing.
- Provide one-on-one guidance and tutoring.
- Coordinate tutoring sessions and a variety of small and large group workshops.
- Develop materials and resources on the skills and information needed for success in law school.
- Address class preparation, time management and exam skills (writing answers and interpreting results constructively) as well as case synthesis, the organization of written documents, and integrating doctrine with legal analysis.
- Assess and triage student requests for tutoring.
- Recruit, train, assign, supervise and evaluate tutors in the academic support program.
- Develop expertise on aspects of the Bar exam to help improve Cardozo graduates' Bar passage rate.
- J.D. degree from an A.B.A. approved law school; strong law school credentials.
- Ideal candidates will have experience working in a higher education setting in the areas of teaching, academic assistance, academic counseling or similar administrative, teaching, or practice experience.
Skills and Competencies
The Coordinator of Academic Support should have:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and a passion for working with students;
- Foster, encourage and facilitate open communication and an atmosphere of open expression;
- Continually search for ways to increase satisfaction of faculty, students, staff and other constituents;
- Demonstrated leadership, management and administrative skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement innovative programming.
For more information about Cardozo Law School and the Legal Writing Center, please visit www.cardozo.yu.edu. For more information and to apply for the Academic Support Coordinator position go to www.yu.edu/careers to view the live posting.