September 15, 2010
Gabriela Ryan Joins Southwestern
We want to welcome Gabriela Ryan at Southwestern to the ASP community.
Paul Bateman alerted us through the listserv this summer that Gabriela was joining the academic support staff. Here is part of the text of his e-mail introducing her:
Gabriela has been appointed Associate Professor of Law and Director of Southwestern's Academic Support and Bar Exam Related Programming. Gabriela is assuming my former position as Director of Academic Support, as well as taking on responsibilities for bar exam support.
Gabriela comes to Southwestern from the University of Southern California Law School, where she most recently served as Assistant Dean and Dean of Students, and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Law.
September 12, 2010
Welcome Jeremiah Ho to Washburn's ASP Program
Welcome to Jeremiah Ho who has joined ASP at Washburn.
Michael Hunter Schwartz alerted us through the listserv this summer to the arrival of Jeremiah Ho at Washburn University School of Law's program. A modified version of Michael's listserv announcement is included here:
Jeremiah Ho has joined Washburn's academic success program, Ex-L at Washburn Law, as the inaugural Institute for Law Teaching and Learning (ILTL) Academic Success Fellow. Jeremiah is not new to academic support (he previously taught in Whittier's academic support program). As an ILTL Fellow, Jeremiah will:
1. Design and implement an expanded version of Washburn's Ex-L bar pass program
2. Assess at least one aspect of Ex-L
3. Author a law review article on the teaching and learning subject of his choice (on which he will receive extensive feedback from one or both of the ILTL co-directors)
4. Co-teach a doctrinal course with one of the ILTL co-directors
5. Receive regular and in-depth feedback on all aspects of his work with Ex-L
6. Assist with all other aspects of Ex-L
7. Receive training on all aspects of academic success work, including: program design, teaching, program assessment, professional development, and counseling.
The fellowship is designed as a one-year experience, but it may be extended to a second year by mutual agreement of the fellow and Washburn.