Saturday, August 1, 2009
CAREER AND JUDICIAL CLERKSHIP ADVISOR
UNIVERSITY OF IOWA COLLEGE OF LAW
The University of Iowa College of Law invites applications for the position of Career and Judicial Clerkship Advisor. This is a full-time administrative staff appointment starting September 15, 2009 or earlier. The salary will range from $44,037 to $87,480.
The College of Law is a welcoming professional community located in a vibrant university city. The Career and Judicial Clerkship Advisor will work with other professionals in the Office of Career Services to help students and alumni throughout their careers.
The primary responsibilities for this position include: counseling J.D. and LL.M. students on job search strategies and career development; reviewing and critiquing resumes, cover letters and other job application materials; conducting mock interviews; organizing and conducting workshops on career-related subjects, particularly with respect to programs related to judicial externships and clerkships; developing job search strategies using web-based networking resources, and serving as the primary advisor for students and alumni interested in judicial clerkships. As part of the Career Services team, the advisor will also contribute ideas for on-campus interview programming and assist with career-development programs organized by other members of the Career Services team.
Inquiries about the position may be directed to Associate Dean Carin Crain at 319-335-9648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· A bachelor’s degree and a juris doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school.
Admission to a state bar.
· Minimum of 3-years post-J.D. legal work experience,
· Judicial Clerkship of at least one year’s duration,
· Excellent written and oral communication skills,
· Detail orientation,
· Ability to work effectively with colleagues,
· Ability to counsel and advise individuals from diverse backgrounds, and
· Genuine interest in helping students explore career options and guiding them through the job search process.
· Legal practice experience, and
· Appellate or Federal District Court Clerkship of at least one-year’s duration.
To apply, visit http://jobs.uiowa.edu and refer to requisition #56976. Review of applications
will begin upon receipt, and continue until the position is filled. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.