Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Assistant/Associate Professor of Academic Support
HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
Hofstra University School of Law invites applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Academic Support. This is a full-time, renewable contract faculty position.
The Law School’s Academic Support professors have primary responsibility for teaching and counseling students to help them make adjustments to the academic demands of law school and to develop skills to reach their full academic potential for performance in law school, on the bar exam, and in the legal profession. Included within these responsibilities are the following:
1) Administering and teaching of first-year and upper-level classes and workshops for students in need of academic support;
2) Assisting in the planning and implementation of first-year orientation programs;
3) Working with students in individual and small group sessions;
4) Identifying and assisting students who need additional academic support;
5) Designing and implementing innovative academic support programs;
6) Assisting with facilitation of the law school’s bar exam preparation programs and bar-exam related events.
Applicants must have a J.D., strong academic record, and background demonstrating a potential for excellence in academic support and an understanding of developments in legal pedagogy. Experience in law school academic support programs or other relevant teaching experience is strongly preferred. The successful candidate must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the law school community, and excellent writing and speaking skills. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Send a resume and writing
Professor Roy Simon
C/o Rachel Muganda
Hofstra University School of Law
121 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549-1210
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER