Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Below is an announcement for openings at Florida A & M. Check it out. (dbw)
The Coordinator(s) of Academic Success and Bar Preparation is responsible for assisting the Director of Academic Success and Bar Preparation in designing, coordinating and administering academic support in the areas of writing, critical thinking and bar preparation. The Program is designed to develop the necessary legal skills for success in law school and on the bar examination. Emphasis will be placed on increasing the bar passage rate for the institution. Coordinator(s) duties include:
• Designing programs to improve skills relating to bar passage.
• Coordinating and designing workshops for the passage of the multistate and state essay bar examination.
• Training and supervising teaching assistants for tutorial first year courses.
• Identifying at risk and probationary students for counseling and academic support.
• Designing and conducting substantive (writing) workshops for all students.
• Monitoring bar passage rate and options for bar study.
• Maintaining a website (TWEN) devoted to disseminating academic workshops, speakers and events.
• Monitoring and tracking students’ academic progress.
• Participating in the individualized instructional services program.
• Conducting and supervising the Summer Bar Enrichment Program for bar takers.
• Assisting students with use of assistive technology.
• Participating in teaching and all law school workshops.
• Performing any and all duties as assigned by the Director.
• Evenings and some weekend work required.
The successful candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the law school community and excellent writing, speaking and organizational skills. Applicants must have a J.D., bar admission, and experience that demonstrates a potential for excellence in academic support. Prior academic support experience (either professional or as part of a law school program) or teaching experience (i.e. legal writing or comparable teaching experience in writing and analytical skills training) is preferred. All applicants must have at least three (3) years of experience as a practicing lawyer.
Please email your resume directly to Dolores.Figueroa@FAMU.edu