Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Drexel University College of Law in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, invites applications for the full-time position of Director of Academic Support. The College of Law is seeking an innovative, energetic academic support specialist to build an integrated academic support program for students from orientation to graduation. The Director will teach and work with students (in groups and individually) to prepare them for exam-taking in law school and for the bar examination, and will serve as a resource to faculty members.
Responsibilities to the College of Law include –
- teaching as part of 1L Orientation;
- teaching 1L academic support program, including outlining and exam-taking skills;
- identifying students academically at risk;
- assisting students needing additional skill development, including students on probation;
- preparing bar preparation materials and programs, providing information to students regarding bar requirements, as well as serving as a liaison to commercial bar preparers;
- providing counseling to students on a range of academic/personal issues;
- teaching a course in the law school curriculum;
- working collaboratively with other faculty to develop innovative programs, and coordinating academic support services with law school faculty.
- Salary Range: $70,000 - $75,000
- Will report to the Senior Associate Dean for Student Affairs
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited school;
- At least three years experience teaching in a law school, working in an academic support program, and/or counseling law students;
- Ability to work with a diverse community of students, faculty, and administrators;
- Self-directed, creative, and a team player;
- Well-organized, able to set goals and implement them;
- Ability to handle highly confidential student matters;
- Flexible work schedule.
Interested candidates should complete an on-line application at www.drexeljobs.com and send a cover letter and resume (via regular mail or e-mail) to Jennifer Rosato, Senior Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Professor of Law, Drexel University College of Law, 3320 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, firstname.lastname@example.org.