Friday, May 11, 2007
Want to live in a beautiful town in the Northeast?
Roger Williams University School of Law, in Bristol, RI, invites applications for the position of Associate Director for Academic Support. This is a full-time, non-tenure track, administrative position. Responsibilities include providing guidance and mentoring to all law students by performing a wide variety of duties within the Academic Support Program. The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to develop, manage, and administer all academic support activities and programs for the School of Law. The Associate Director works closely with other constituencies within the law school, particularly the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the Assistant Dean of Students, the Director and faculty of the Legal Writing Program, the Writing Specialist, the Bar Training Specialist and the faculty in general. The Associate Director for Academic Support reports directly to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
- a strong educational record, academic and otherwise;
- a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school;
- at least two years of law practicing experience;
- ability to work well with a diverse student body;
- strong teaching, interpersonal and counseling skills;
- ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff;
- ability to manage multiple priorities under deadlines;
- managerial and supervisory experience;
- accessibility to Senior Staff and students during and outside of normal hours of law school operation; and
- the ability to handle highly sensitive matters with complete discretion.