Sunday, November 13, 2005
Recently, my friend Desiree Sanchez announced that she will be stepping down as the Director of Academic Support at Florida A & M University College of Law. The school is searching for a new Director.
By January of 2006, the school hopes to hire someone, preferably with Academic Support Experience, who will be able to:
- Administer academic support programs, including the teaching assistant program, academic skills workshops, one-to-one academic assistance and counseling, and bar preparation.
- Coordinate a bar review program that focuses on Florida essays and multi-state subjects.
- Conduct skills workshops on case briefing, outlining, multiple-choice strategies and techniques, time management, and exam writing.
- Supervise and train teaching assistants for first year discussion groups and tutorial sessions.
- Meet individually with 1L students and students on probation to assist with strengthening students’ study habits and analytical skills.
Are you interested? If so, please forward a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of this month. Questions? Call her at (407) 254-3230. (djt)